Sunday, 16 November 2014

16th November:

Spot the difference.........................oh yes 47 years! 

Bridgend Bus Station 1967

Kissimmee Bus Station 2014


Well I left Jane and Viv in bed this moring as they were leaving today and I am now doing 2 shifts a day until Friday when I fly home. It will be quiet without them but hope to keep busy and I will have some time to chill out in the afternoon without having to go to any Malls. Shame is though the weather is supposed to be turning cold for the rest of the week and I was hoping to get a tan too!

This morning I was the carousel operator for a three hour shift, the children love it and have multiple rides, the great thing is that even children in wheelchairs can take a turn as there are two adapted rides for them. The role of the volunteer for this very important job is threefold...there is the gatekeeper, the person who checks the children are on safely and strapped on and the person who turns the key and starts the carousel turning, we shared the jobs this morning each taking a turn on each job. The time went very quickly too. I was called over to the gate at one point by a volunteer I had worked with previously and she asked me if I would like her to make me a skirt as she noticed I always wore skirts and not trousers.., how lovely is that, I await in anticipation the result.

Got back to the Villa about 1130 to find the ladies had just about finished packing, we then sat down to a lunch by the pool and a bit of sun chatting about all we had experienced together and some of the things that had made us laugh ... I am not allowed to tell you though or else Jane would have to kill me!!! I waved them off at 230 and actually don't think anything has been left behind,  good job as my case will be full with all the bits and bobs I have bought.

Now since writing the above, I have discovered that I do not know where my passport is, I have searched high and low, many times, feel sick and am at a loss to know what to do next. I know I have had it here at the villa,, even knew where I hid it but, it is no longer there - no safe unfortunately. seems I have got to go to a police station and report it missing and then find the British Embassy to get a temporary passport in order to fly home on Friday. Don't think I will get much sleep tonight!!

I did go to my shift tonight and was actually the longest standing volunteer there....showed new volunteers to the theatre to get their instructions and explained the role of the Riddler to those given that role... I was one of them again, third time for me so quite the expert!  A lovely moment was when a lady came up to me and said, ah Lorna, I have been looking for you. Let me explain, I had spoken to this mother on the telephone earlier this year as her son had been put forward for a wish and I was the wish visitor. Unfortunately I had to tell her that MAW were no longer granting wishes to Florida to swim with Dolphins but her son could go to Portugal to do this. It turned out that he only wanted to go to Florida so I did advise that there were two other charities that still did Florida and she applied to them and she let me know they were successful and would be going to GKTW in November at the
same time I was to be here. I told her this and we did say that we hope we would meet so it was so lovely to meet her for the first time and meet her son, they arrived yesterday and will be Swimming with Dolphins tomorrow. Hope to see more of them over the next few days unless of course I will be at the British Embassy.

It was another great evening that went very quickly again. Must admit to not being entirely happy being here home alone but it is a safe neighbourhood so will be fine and all everything is well locked up.  Any suggestions re passport would be gratefully received.

Forgot to add, I have managed turn  on the TV tonight and found something worth watching!

Night, another early start tomorrow, indeed for the next 4 mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment